Wednesday 16 December 2015

Freddie Three Weeks Old

Three weeks

So Freddie is now three weeks old! It's gone so fast. Andy has now been back at work a week & we are slowly starting to get into a routine in the mornings. 

Freddie now weighs 8lbs 2oz. He's still in newborn size clothing & wearing size 1 nappies. He's moved onto 4oz bottles, taking them every three to fours hours. We have had one episode where he went six hours over night, but he woke up in such a hissy fit, so trying to keep it to a minimum of four hours between feeds. He's got a bit of a cold which he picked up from James, it's making him very snotty & snuffly, so using saline drops to keep his nose clear. He's still very much a mummy's boy. He loves being in his baby carrier for the school run and loves being in his pram. We have had to buy a newborn snowsuit as the ones our friends gave us, which are 0-3 size, swamp the poor boy. He's still being really strong and lifting his head. He passed all his checks with the health visitor too! He's very alert when he's awake too! 

Mummy is doing really well three weeks on. I had my stitches out on day ten and everything is great. I only weighed myself a couple of times while I was pregnant & one of those was at the hospital the Friday before I had Freddie, so I was pretty surprised to find I was only 1lb heavier than my pre pregnancy weight fifteen days after having Freddie. I still get the odd twinges of pain,but only if I do too much.

James is still not impressed with his little brother. He is starting to get slightly better at times. He let mummy sit on the floor and build towers with Freddie sitting on my knee. Hopefully having two weeks of school with mummy & Freddie and a few days with daddy too will help him. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment